Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Triathlon

BEAR LAKE BRAWL

This summer I decided to do a triathlon because I have always wanted to do one and my friend Sunny convinced me to do one with her. So we signed up in June, trained all summer and did the triathlon in September. The Triathlon was at Bear lake, you can imagine how cold the water was for the swim. I survived the swim, unfortunately I don't have a picture of it. I do have picture of the rest of the Triathlon.


Coming in from about 12 mile bike ride, I had to drop the bike and start running.


This is me sprinting to the finish line and giving it all I could to the end!
3.2 mile run


This is me crossing the finish line, yeah I completed a triathlon!


Getting a drink, man was i thirsty!


Still smiling!


Showing off my big guns, oh i mean my cool number!!
I was number 265


A proud husband!


Packing up all my stuff to go.

This was such an amazing experience and I am so proud that I not only completed a triathlon I never stopped and I did it under 2 hours which was my goal for the first triathlon. After doing this triathlon I think I am hooked because I am starting to train for the next one ( in a year).

4 comments:

Beki said...

Em you crazy! I am such a proud friend! Congrats to you! I hope someday I can do something like that! Way to go!!

Adam and Julie H. said...

Way to go Emily! What an accomplishment! I miss you guys and the old gang.

Blake and Jenn said...

emma jo! That is awesome. Seriously-you are amazing. I can't imagine that-although I'd like to think one day I'll do one. Congrats! And by the way, you look HOT!!

love you!!

Grandma C said...

Emily, next time you do the Bear Lake Tri, come stay at our cabin. It's not quite done, but it is a free roof over your head and somewhat of a bathroom.
Janae
PS. Bring your parents.